"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. The gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14).
Divine Challenger, when did I stop risking? When did I lose my edge for adventure and surprise? When did I start pretending that what I now know is all there is to know? When did I give in to fear and bow to security? When did I let uncertainty press against my free spirit? When did I start moving toward the easy, sure thing? When did I give away my ability to be disturbed? When did I start refusing to pay the price for fuller depth and joy? When did I let panic of the unknown future wrap its barbed wire fingers around my desire to grow?
Inner Source of Courage, nudge me toward my growth. Urge me away from the strongholds. Convince me of my potential to leap beyond the barriers.
This would be a good example of those moments throughout this series of reflections which encourage immediate engagement into the process of change. I have to accept that at the moment, I am best served to pray and consider that where I am today is where I am supposed to be. I may not be, however, where I will be in 2 years. But I must trust that if I continue to question, continue to communicate with God and with others, I will find my way.
It is both a bit intimidating and exciting to consider the nature of the road less traveled. To face this risk, to leave the comforts of secure routines and familiar places and faces, is indeed an act of faith and not an easy one at that. But this is what makes the act so intriguing and so rewarding. To take the road less traveled, to seek the most growth-inspiring and fulfilling choices in life, is the best way to have lived a life truly worth living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment