Sunday, July 17, 2011

First* Post

Ah, the asterisk. An irreplaceable literary tool which really just says, "There's something more that you should know about what this particular word is supposed to indicate." Well, in this case, it simply means that this post is not really my "First" post. That, of course, would be my solitary entry in October of 2009 while I wasted away (in multiple senses of the phrase) in Ireland on a study abroad semester.

That was nearly 2 years ago. Frankly, I forgot I had a blog. But I thoroughly enjoyed my entry from Ireland (the blog was meant to document my entire experience, which instead can just be summed up by a few remarks... if you're curious, just ask).

But now, in this period of transition in my life, I find myself with time and, thus, a reason to reflect. I hope to make blogging a semi-regular habit. I believe the practice can be concretely beneficial, and hopefully might provide some cents-worth of entertainment for those of you who care to read. There are many times I realize I should have written something down -- lists, trains of thought, music (as in, the notes to music in my head), etc.

Following in the footsteps of my youngest older brother, I'd like to keep my posts focused within themselves individually. I think this option is preferable to the standard "This is what happened to me today..." format. So, I should not stray much further than I already have tonight.

There are many going-on's to cover, but I want to save them for future posts because I am tired and want to give each one the due attention it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment